Re: an idea for next generation APT archive caching

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, martin f krafft wrote:

> Here's an idea I just had about apt-proxy/apt-cacher NG. Maybe this
> could be interesting, maybe it's just crap. Your call.

rapt proxy is an actuall http proxy that caches debian packages.  It's
written in ruby and since all you have to do to use it is setting
the http_proxy environment (or configure apt to use the proxy it will
rock.  No more stupid changing sources.list just to get cached.

It's available on alioth.

    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal