Re: Content of CDs / DVDs

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 06:21:24PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> > All in all, IMHO generating per-user images on the fly is not really
> > feasible.
>
> Would it be more feasible if all of the intelligence was on the client
> side?  The client could slurp down a Packages file, work out which
> packages to include and split them into CD-sized chunks, download the
> debs from a mirror somewhere, then fetch the installer and whatever
> else is necessary to make the CD usable.  It'd be like jigdo, but
> taken one stage further.

That's something what I meant. I don't want to overload our mirrors too.
I meant jigdo+possibility to pick-up packages which user wants to be included
in iso(s).

regards
fEnIo
--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska