Re: an idea for next generation APT archive caching

Martin,

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 12:11:12PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> 3. squid:
>   Squid works reliably, but it has no concept of the APT repository
>   and thus it is impossible to control what is cached and for how
>   long.

I've long wondered whether the best answer might not be to teach an existing
proxy cache about the content, perhaps by way of some 'plug-in' interface.

>   If you have a better squid configuration for Debian, please share
>   it!

Sorry! I use apt-proxy (well, both of them, but in different contexts)

> Thus, my proposal for an apache-integrated approach, which solves
> most of the issues above and appears to me to be very simple and
> transparent.

Not to mention very entertaining, many thanks!

Regards,
Paddy
--
Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall