Re: forwarding bugs to other packages

Bernd Eckenfels <lists@lina.inka.de> schrieb:

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 05:54:44PM +1000, Brian May wrote:
>> I could just close the bug against my package, but this means other
>> people will encounter the same problem and report the bug against my
>> package again (as it isn't always obvious that it isn't the fault of
>> my package).
>
> So you do not want to reassign them to the correct package? I dont think
> thats a good idea (even when i can understand where are you coming from).
>
> Perhaps we need a "read this before submitting bugs against my package"
> function in reportbugs :)

Unless we have that function, I fear we sometimes need to keep a copy of
a bug open in the wrong package. E.g. we have a bug which was first
reported as #247849, which is reassigned to debconf (and merged with an
other one there. After reassigning, we got #257022 and #264982. I'd
rather keept them in our package instead of reassigning (and waiting
until the next clone comes in against tetex).

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich