Re: XDM, GDM, KDM, WDM shootout :-)

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 01:11:32AM +0200, Osamu Aoki wrote:
-snip-
> * KDM: Good but why strange startup?
>
>   Its start up script does not call /etc/X11/Xsession nor bother to use
>   /etc/X11/Xsession.d/.  Thus out of lack with ssh-agent. (Bug #265865)

This was fixed with kdebase 3.3.0a-1 upload which be in sid after
dinstall today. It had worked prior to the original KDE 3.3.0 upload but
I accidentally dropped a patch which I have readded.

>   Locale choice does not exist.

You can configure locale for KDM in:

Control Center -> System Administration -> Login Manager

>   Custom mode should run ~/.xsession.

'custom' does nothing now, I should look into how to remove the option.
'default' mode runs ~/.Xsession as it should.

>   Default is always KDE.

'default' now works properly since I fixed the Xsession file to use the
Debian /etc/X11/Xsession file.

Chris