Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 02:56:45PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Francesco P. Lovergine <frankie@debian.org> [2004.09.15.1442 +0200]:
> > Uhm, trusting a so opened machine about this kind of
> > security-concerned updates is not a great idea.
>
> But it's okay to distribute binaries compiled on developers' home
> machines in the archives?

That's worse, but the first one is not so better. I'd prefer a more
structured solution within regular (restricted) debian boxes.
The 'volatile' archive proposal seems reasonable to me and I already
proposed something like it in other contexts:

Francesco P. Lovergine