Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 07:38:59PM -0400, Blu wrote:
> Scenario 3:
>
> -    User emails me about something
> -    My MTA, before accepting the message, calls back to the user's mx
>      and stablishes an SMTP dialog to check if the user is able to
>      receive mail from me (with envelope <> to avoid loops).
> -    As the user's MX rejects any message from me, the original message
>      from the user is rejected with a 550 saying something like "Your
>      host is rejecting mail from us. This host will not accept mail that
>      cannot be answered"

Also, this setup is not practicable on a dynamic IP mail server because
nobody will ever try to deliver mail to it (unless you're using some kind of
wacko DDNS scheme).  Your mail has to come in through your ISP's mail server.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>