Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Thursday 23 September 2004 06:17, Adam McKenna wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 09:52:20PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >  Hell, at my going rates for providing service to custoers,
> >  I'll send mail from wherever the customer tells me to. Want to know
> >  where to sign up?
> >
> > > This may not matter much in the "fuck you, you're just a braindead
> > > user" world of Debian, but in the real world it matters quite a bit.
> >
> >  So please, please, please, go the hell back to the real world,
> >  and leave s free software dreamers in our fantasy world.
>
> It is this attitude that is sending Debian down the road of being an OS for
> hackers only, where real people who want to get things done will have to
> use a Debian-based distro, like Ubuntu.  I noticed it when I first joined
> Debian and it's only gotten worse over the years.  I'm aware that most DD's
> don't care about this.  (At least, if anyone other than me cares about
> this, they're not speaking up).
>
> I'll continue attempting to provide perspective when I feel it's
> appropriate, but if this attitude remains entrenched in our culture, I
> won't be surprised if Debian becomes the next Slackware.

;-) You should be kidding here ;-) it is really insane putting Debian (with
its universe of unique maintenance killer apps) next to that crap of
software, even for compare purposes only.
  I'll pass you are some pointers, they address both, the normal end users [1]
[2] and the power ones[2][3]. If you think that you can share some
improvements in the Debian usability front, please help this effort [4] out
or quit being so funny.

http://www.debian.org/users/
http://people.debian.org/~srivasta//talks/why_debian/talk.html
http://deb-usability.alioth.debian.org/

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB  2003-03-18  <keyserver.bu.edu ; pgp.mit.edu>
fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB