Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

* Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [040921 02:05]:
> However, I don't think our principal web browser ever falls into this
> category.  That would send an unequivocal message that Debian's stable
> releases are not suitable for use as a desktop, under any circumstances.

If we will not be able to backport fixes and will have to make gross
changes to functionality, then yes, stable may be not suitable for
a "desktop". It it will not become so by telling it should be.

If users will need stable + aditions they should know so. When
we pretend things to be suitable that are not, people will
only try to run mission-critical web-based solutions with that
browser, fail and moan and scream loudly and give bad press...

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link