Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

> We're always free to alter the way in which the security archive is
> used. The fact that it is currently used in one way doesn't mean that
> that always has to be the case. If we feel that it's important that
> packages like virus checkers get updates pushed out on a regular basis,
> then that may be sufficient to alter the way that we use it. Of course,
> our users would have to be notified.

I'm inclined to agree with this opinion. And, as an answer to the
question which may come, I'm not ready for helping in maintaining
this...:-)

(mostly because of deep lack of skills in that matter)

As an end user of several stable/woody systems, currently using
backports from backports.org for spamassassin, amavis and clamav, I
would highly appreciate to have these updates managed as security
updates.