Re: PROPOSAL to serialize cron.{daily,weekly,monthly}

Scripsit Abdullah Ramazanoglu <ar018@yahoo.com>

> So I withdraw my proposal. I think it might be a good idea to explicitly
> state this somewhere obvious, so that no sysadmin will attempt to use
> cron.xxxly for their private maintenance scripts.

It is perfectly OK to use cron.xxxly for one's private maintenance
scripts. It works well, unless one thinks that xxxly means something
more precise than "once every xxx".

--
Henning Makholm         "Vend dig ikke om! Det er et meget ubehageligt syn!"