Re: update-pam and update-nsswitch

Sam Hartman wrote:
[Please cc me as I don't follow debian-devel that frequently]

 I'm really interested in working with someone who wants to
automate the configuration of PAM modules and nss modules in Debian.
I just want to make sure we agree on a design and goals up front.

How do you expect things to work from a user experience standpoint?
[...]

You are right about Debian policy. We alrady agreed with the maintainer of base-files to make, in case DD likes this proposal, nssswitch.conf not a conffile, while we still have to contact the maintainer of pam.

These scripts might be included in the PAM package and called by the installation scripts of the NSS and LDAP authentication packages.

Bye,
Giuseppe