Re: PROPOSAL to serialize cron.{daily,weekly,monthly}

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:05:24 +0200 Artur R. Czechowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> [snip a few thousand lines ;) of experiment reporting...]
>
> Abdullah said:
> > This may result in parallel execution of scripts from
> > several batches, although each batch in itself is serialized.
>
> I just proof that this is not true.

Well... no. You just proved that .xxxly batches run sequentially
when it is anacron that runs them (called from cron, through
/etc/cron.d/anacron).

If anacron is not installed, then, as can be trivially seen in
/etc/crontab, it is cron that runs the batches, only a few minutes
apart (in the standard configuration), in which case Abdullah is
right. As I said in a previous posting, my cron.daily takes nearly
2 hours to complete.

--
Carlos Sousa
http://vbc.dyndns.org/

"I find gnome is far too susceptible to not working" - J.D.H