Re: offtopic

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 10:24:54AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 08:29:48PM +0300, Ivan Adams wrote:
> > Is there any driver for usb to pci device (like cables for Samsung
> > GSM) for Debian?
>
> It's going to be a kernel thing more than a Debian specific driver issue. If
> the kernels that Debian ship support it, it'll work.
>
> Have a look (use modinfo) at /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/usb
>
> > And is there similar software or project like EasyStudio for Debian
> > (GSM link program)?
>
> Sorry, not familiar with this software (and when I hear GSM I think "Global
> System for Mobiles" not something to do with pictures...

Many modern GSM phones have builtin cameras. Their quality isn't really
great, but who cares? It's fun and trendy to have a
cellphone-and-kitchensink.

Of course, you want to do something with those pictures. Sending them by
MMS is one option, but that's going to cost you. Alternatively, you
could download them to your PC -- if you have the software...

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks