Re: The unofficial buildd effort and its shutdown - my POV

Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 11:40:20AM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> I don't think every DD has the authority to ask such a thing and
> expect it to be acted upon.
> > Shouldn't a specific request from a Debian Leader (whatever their
> title may be) be required before anything is shut down?

This is about the archive and the buildd network, why do you think that
the DPL has a saying in that?  No, I mean, seriously.

No, read it again.

I don't know the title of whoever is in charge of the buildd network, so I used "from a Debian Leader (whatever their
title may be)".

My point is that your average DD does *not* have the authority to say "turn off those unofficial buildds".