Re: PROPOSAL to serialize cron.{daily,weekly,monthly}

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 13:12, Travis Crump wrote:
> Abdullah Ramazanoglu wrote:
> >
> > Another point:
> >
> > I have made the error of mixing two separate issues into one thread. There
> > is a bug, currently, in anacrontab that causes cron.monthly to be executed
> > twice, once on 31st of the month, and once again on the 1st of the next
> > month. The period regarding cron.monthly should be increased from 30 to 31
> > in /etc/anacrontab.
> >
> > Anybody feels that I should start another thread on this subject? Or is
> > this bug taken note of?
> >

> Out of curiosity, I installed anacron to look at this, and anacron no
> longer uses 30 for the monthly entry, it uses @monthly so if it was a
> bug then it has already been addressed.

Yes, I fixed that a while back as changing 30 to 31 is just as bad: for
every occasion on which it would have run twice in a month before, it
now wouldn't have run on some months. Still, I don't believe it's as big
an issue as what people make it out to be, due to the way in which
anacron is normally used.

This was #35754, and #43947.

Cheers,

Pasc