Re: Incorrect use of "it's" in package control files -- file mass bug?

Brian Nelson wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 02:52:16PM -0700, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> >
> > I still stand by ``If you are from the Americas, you are American.''
> > Period. You can claim all that you want otherwise; few will actually
> > argue with you. You can also claim that the sky is blue, and few will
> > argue with that. That does not make you correct[1].
>
> Fine, then take your strange definitions that are inconsistent with the
> entire rest of the world but you still think are "correct" and go
> somewhere else.

Are you saying that Canadians are not Americans? That Mexicans are not
Americans? Than Panamanians are not Americans? That Chileans are not
Americans? That Mayans are not Americans? That the Iroquois are not
Americans?

I am not asking if you would call them that in common usage, since few
people in the USA refer to President Bush as an American, but instead as
a Texan. I am asking if a Canadian told you that he was also an American
(even though he was not from the USA, and had never been in the USA, and
exactly none of his ancestors were from or ever in the USA) would you
argue with him and claim that he was wrong?

That is what I want to know.

--
John H. Robinson, IV          jaqque@debian.org
                                                                 http  ((((