Re: Custom packages, subversion - best practices ?

Przemyslaw Wegrzyn wrote:

Let's say I want to change something in apache-1.3.31-4. After apt-get source and importing sources I can do svn cp (as subversion has no tags or branches, instead using "virtual copy" operation) to a directory, let's say apache-1.3.31-custom and make my modifications there.
Now the questions are:

1. What is preferred subversion repository layout for such needs ? Could anyone give some advice ?

Hi Przemyslaw,

have a look at svn-buildpackage:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/svn-buildpackage
http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~blochedu/svn-docs/HOWTO.pdf