Re: The unofficial buildd effort and its shutdown - my POV

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 01:14:04PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> > Every time I looked at the NM process it looked to me as a process about
> > package maintaining. Because this is not what I'm going to do, I turned
> > away. Quite simple.
> You did not look very carefully then, did you?  Please read:
> http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-step4.
> You sort it out with the Application Manager.  Of course, "manage a
> buildd" isn't on the list, but that's because it's uncommon.  The page
> goes out of its way to make clear that other tasks are fine if you
> work them out with the AM and the NM-committee.

Yes, but when you're reading on the pages about packaging before that page,
it may happen that you'll never get to this particular page, because you're
giving up before this particular page.
So did I.

> > I've better things to do than to deal several years in fighting with James
> > for becoming a DD.
> Have you been fighting with James for several years to become a DD?
> Or are you just predicting that it's necessary?  James is pretty easy
> to get along with if you don't harass him, in my experience.

Maybe my experience differs from yours in this case. ;)

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/