Re: The unofficial buildd effort and its shutdown - my POV

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 09:20:54PM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 02:49:24PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> > The overwhelming majority of people going through the NM process are
> > saying they want to maintain packages - this slants the typical case
> > that is seen very heavily towards that situation.

> Yes, but that doesn't count for me. And when I was reading the NM pages two
> weeks ago I stumbled again across that point and stopped reading: "Uhm,
> that's nothing for me then... I don't want to maintain a package, so I can't
> become a DD..."

You're missing the point here: most of the documentation talks a lot
about maintaining packages because that's what almost everyone going
through NM wants to do.  That doesn't mean that you must maintain a
package, it just means that that's overwhelmingly the most common
situation.