Re: The unofficial buildd effort and its shutdown - my POV

Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org> writes:

> Yes you can do other things later, but its focussed on packaging and
> maintaing packages.

Have you read the documents recently?  Only one step of the NM process
is about that, step four, which itself explicitly goes into great
detail to describe four possible skills and tasks that would
demonstrate competence, and only one is package management.  Moreover,
it describes the procedure for what to do when none of those four
applies.  Please read http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-step4.

Now if Ingo tried that it and it failed or he was treated badly, then
he has a right to complain.  But so far, he's just said "I'm not going
to try that because I predict I'll be treated badly."  And frankly,
I'm not going to weep for someone who won't even try.

Thomas