Re: debian-policy: virtual package request: mpd-client

Eric Wong wrote:
> Users are expected to install an mpd-client like mpc, mpdcon.app,
> gmpc, phpmp, or ncmpc to control mpd.  I'm using Suggests: and not
> Depends: because mpd and mpd-clients use TCP/IP, and don't
> necessarily run on the same machine.

Dependencies (Depends, Recommends, Suggests) describe relationships
between packages on the same machine.  This is not totally explicit in
the policy, though.  If you want to hint the user what sort of clients
and servers work together, you need to do that elsewhere.