Re: Buildds slow/unuseable -> drop that arch

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 10:51:08AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Sep 2004, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> > Hi, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > >
> > > Probably VM/390. I am not well versed on the s/3x0 world.
> >
> > Umm, there is *no* non-free software involved.
>
> Ah.  So it can run linux directly on the bare metal?  That's very nice!
> I shall try Hercules one of these days then, just for the kick of trying to
> get it to work...

On the s390/s390x itself you can run it either on the bare metal,
in an LPAR (hardware VM) or in VM.  I don't see how this is
relevant at all.

Hercules emulates S/370, S/390 and z/Architecture (s390x) on
other architectures.  I believe that Andreas Metzler said that
hercules contains non-free software and Matthias Urlichs the
opposite.  It's in main so it should be free and a quick look at
the license seems to indicate that it is.

Kurt