Re: NFS permissions skewed with linux 2.6 client

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 02:16:11AM +0200, Jérôme Warnier wrote:

> I can confirm that I don't have any problem either (Sarge and 2.6 on the
> clients while Woody and 2.4 on the server).

Well, I finally found out what whas wrong: there was an old +::: entry
in /etc/group. After removing that entry and logging in again, the
problem was solved. After some fiddling I noticed that permissions
worked ok with the +::: entry for some groups but not for other groups.

So, if using nis && a bogus +::: entry is in /etc/group && kernel is
2.6.x, then group permissions don't work as expected for *some* groups
in directories that are on an nfs-mounted filesystem.

Wouter