Re: Re: Please stop the flamewar madeness.

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 05:04:16PM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> Andrew Suffield <asuffield@suffields.me.uk> writes:
> >What on *earth* are you referring to? I can see nothing obvious.
>
> Are you being sarcastic?
>
> The list is full of unnecessary rudeness.  Just look at the current
> thread where someone pointed out a bug in many mirror scripts, where
> the Packages file is transferred before the .deb files.  For the sin
> of raising this real issue, heaps of insults were piled on the poor
> guy's head.

The reporter, Dan Jacobson, has a history of pissing a lot of
maintainers off with extremely trivial bug reports, so many
have a knee-jerk reaction and assume he's full of crap.

For example, see:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2003/02/msg00004.html

> The whole tone of the list is surprisingly and unnecessarily hostile.
> It doesn't look like any other developer list I know of, and I go way
> back (10+ years of experience on various free software development
> lists).

It can be hostile at times, but I don't think it's all that different
than other development lists.

--
Blast you and your estrogenical treachery!