Re: depend on httpd, not also apache?

Am 2004-08-30 20:47:16, schrieb Marc Haber:

> How will it choose apache? Will it choose apache because it happens to
> be the alphabetically first httpd? Or is apache somewhere configured
> as the primary target httpd?

I found fields like

Depends: httpd | apache (>= 1.3.2)

Wich mean, the Package Depends on "httpd" and if it is
installed the dependencies are satisfait, if not, the
Package Maintainer choose "apache" as its default,
which can be overwriten by a $USER chois.

> I think that last time I looked at that issue, a package satisfying
> the dependency was chosen at random.
>
> Greetings
> Marc

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi