Re: security related bug report - no maintainer reaction for 1 year

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 03:54:31PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> was heard to say:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 01:29:04PM +0200, Johannes Poehlmann wrote:
> > I am working in the development projekt for the speak-freely package.
> > (speak-freely.sourceforge.net)
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> speak-freely was removed from Debian unstable and its security bugs will
> probably not fixed in stable since it is non-free there and thereby not
> supported by the security team...

  Doesn't sourceforge require OSI-approved licenses?  I know that OSI is
less picky than Debian, but I think a "no commercial use" license is
unambiguously non-free even by their standards.

  Daniel

|         "Note that fires are not restricted to dormitories.                 |
|          Indeed, fire can occur in off-campus residences as well."          |
|           -- Brown University Fire Safety Guide                             |
\------- Listener-supported public radio -- NPR -- http://www.npr.org --------/