Re: Mozilla "PostScript/default" security problems

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 02:38:43PM +0200, Ralph Aichinger wrote:
> As Reid has pointed out, the direct PostScript backend was removed
> from Mozilla. Not ony is this a major inconvenience for many
> users (as setup of XPrint is no fun IMHO), it causes unsolvable
> problems for some (XPrint not working on PPC), but -- and I don't
> think this has been mentioned here: It breaks two browsers,
> namely Epiphany and Galeon, leaving Gnome without its default
> browser and the other well-integrated option.

I also must protest this change. Mozilla's printing was working fine
for me until someone decided there was a better way. I had to go
install yet another server that nothing else I use has ever had a need
for. And now I still can't print directly because I'm only presented
with a list of local CUPS printers. Before I just told mozilla to
print with lpr -Pprinter@host. This is no longer an option.