Re: unexpected NMUs || buildd queue

* Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo <fenio@o2.pl> [2004-07-17 16:44]:
> > process. The DAM is looking at that but I don't know if he is
> > (always) looking close enough to notice it was a sponsoring.
>
> Really? So this could delay my application.

It's usually pretty easy to tell the difference between a NMU and a
sponsored upload, so I wouldn't worry about it with regards to NM.

> Is it really so wrong to close it by sending mail xxx-done@b.d.o
> with the explanation that it was mistake?

It's not wrong at all.  In fact, it's a good idea to close the bug
this way because otherwise the bug submitter is not informed that the
bug has been fixed.  Just forward the changelog to xxx-done.  Also,
tell your sponsors to follow the documented procedures so this won't
happen again:
http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-beyond-pkging.en.html#s-newmaint
--
Martin Michlmayr