Re: Description of tasks

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 02:34:16PM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 01:03:48PM +0200, David Weinehall wrote:
>
> > > Multibuild will be free software. You'll have to wait for it when you want
> > > to see some sources.
> > Ever heard of "Release early, release often?"
>
> Is that valid for Debian releases as well? ;)

It is.  Even if we don't haven't got any release with the nametag Sarge
out yet, every day there is a new release, in form of the updates made
to Sid.  I know what you're getting at, but you're missing the point.
The principle of "Release early, release often" isn't about getting
stable releases out often, but about giving everyone the opportunity
to provide feedback in all stages of a project.

Source repositories with anonymous access is a nice way of providing
this, nightly builds are another.  Keeping your sources to yourself,
even without a group of developers, isn't.  And before you bring up
examples of other teams that does similar things, remember that two
wrongs doesn't make a right.

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //