* Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> [2004-07-17 10:13]:
> The archive software is complex and underdocumented. You need help
> to get into it. And that help is not available, and so patches
> produced would be sub-standard.

Have you actually tried?  I started by reading katie sources, and
while I hardly know the whole set of tools, I've come far enough to
contribute some patches and documentation clarifications.  There are
plenty of worse documented free software projects out there to which
people contribute simply by digging into the code.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com