On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 10:39:32AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> > Maybe I'm missing something here, but you, as the copyright owner(s), have
> > control over the terms under which your work is distributed.
> Exactly and Ingo has choosen not to freely distribute the scripts as
> is to people that just want to circumvent the block on James and Ryan,
> that want to treat the symptoms and not the problem. That is his right.

Well, I wouldn't call that blocking... they are still free to join if they
like and fulfill the policy to join... ;)

> Please also note that every person that uses those scripts without
> limiting the archs is causing an extra ~9GB a month traffic for
> himself (his problem) but also for buildd.debian.org.

Note:
I've politely asked several times to supply a bz2 version of *-all.txts on
buildd.d.o to minimize the traffic there. No reply at all (needless to say,
of course).

> Ingo is holding his code hostage against Ryan and James untill it gets
> released with multibuild in the future. You might not like it but it
> is his right.

Yeah, i find it funny.
People are teaching me that you can't demand anything from a volunteer, but
the same people demanding from me that I release the scripts on buildd.net
as open source.
Am I the only one who find that strange?

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/