On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 09:47:51PM -0700, Rick Younie wrote:

> > Well, I think I'm contributing my part of improving with donating service of
> > buildd.net (based on the scripts and work of Rick Younie and others), but I
> > could be far better when there would be more will to cooperate and
> > communicate on the "other side". You know what I mean, for sure.
> I picked a bad time to start reading debian-devel again it
> seems..

*giggle* :)

> Since my name is mentioned I'd better clarify: I wrote
> some rexx scripts a long while ago to massage wanna-build
> output so the m68k admins could better see which
> packages they had and which were stuck, etc.  It's just
> http://buildd.debian.org/stats/m68k-all.txt in a different
> format.
>
> When I stopped running the scripts on crest.d.o because it
> bogged the machine down too much, Ingo offered to host them
> (thanks Ingo).  Generating the stats for all arches was a
> config item change.

Although not necessarily a trivial one, because of all the different script
languages I needed to get into it.. 8-)
In the meantime I added some more scripts around yours, f.e. the status
updating.

> I'd prefer that the scripts be rewritten in a more
> mainstream language like Python, Perl, Ruby and hope that
> Ingo and friends are doing that as part of their project.

Yes, multibuild is being done in Python. Once released it will offer much
more information to package maintainers - and it will be open for other
contributions in other languages, of course. (though, some performance
relevant database stuff is done in C)

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/