* Goswin von Brederlow (brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de) [040716 18:25]:
> David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> writes:
> > If you care about AMD64 (and
> > I'm not talking specifically to you Ingo, I just decided to jump in on
> > your quote), forget about the GR-proposal, help fix the RC bugs in base
> > and standard.  Just because those bugs aren't AMD64-specific, doesn't
> > mean they don't block AMD64.  In fact, as soon as Sarge is ready for
> > release, everyone except for the stable release manager will have a lot
> > more time to deal with AMD64.

> Thats absolutely counterproductive to the people wanting amd64 support
> in sarge. They would want to delay sarge as much as possible so amd64
> support can be added too.

I disagree with this statement heavily. We, Debian, need to release
sarge ASAP, we are already too late. I personally would like if we can
add adm64 to sid (and perhaps, at the RMs decision, also to sarge),
but I do not want to have sarge delayed. If the amd64-team agrees to
your statement that delaying sarge would be good, then you loose my
support for your wish to add amd64 to unstable now.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/