Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> To be fair, bug #248043 was filed some time ago.
>
> It seems to me, after reading that bug, that getting the port into sid
> has been stalled on questions about the treatment of biarch [actually,
> probably more from the lack of an adequate statement of the nature of
> IA32 support than anything else].

Thanks for the pointer.  The bug was posted in March, 2004, when the
project was "rapidly maturing".  For i386-hurd, we got it in sid
*right away*.  My advice (which I admit is pointless now) is to get
new ports into sid *right away*, as soon as you have a real
autobuilder or even just a dozen base packages.

That's way too late to ask for adding it to sid.

>From reading the bug, in seems that Martin Schulze expressed a
concern, it was addressed, and discussion proceeded apace until a
month ago.

That doesn't seem to me like it warrants a GR.  Among other things,
the technical committee should be the first line of discussion, and I
would rather have the technical committee take this up and make a
decision.  It seems that all the relevant issues are technical, and
that's the group we have to settle such things.

It doesn't belong on debian-vote.

Thomas