Re: Description of tasks

Goswin von Brederlow said:

> When the decision was made the bandwith requirement was 3GB traffic
> per arch and month. Meanwhile the amount was reduced to about 200 MB
> per arch and month but its still bandwith someone has to pay.

Bzipped *-all.txts are about 1.1 MB each hour. Uncompressed m68k-all.txt
alone is >2 MB.

> Change their minds or get another buildd added for the arch with an
> admin that cooperates. Ingo is willing to add more archs given that
> there is some cooperation from the other side.

Oh, and to prevent other speculations:
An uncooperating buildd admin can get a pain in the arse of many
developers. The qt-x11-free horror in January is an example of this.
I think that it will not help maintainers when they see a contact infos
listed on buildd.net, but the buildd admin behind that address is ignorant
and not cooperative at all. In that case the info on buildd.net is not
worth being listed, because it doesn't help.
Or to put it the other way around: the info on buildd.net can help
maintainers when the buildd admin is cooperating.

--
Ciao...        //
      Ingo   \X/