> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 02:45:35 +0200, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> said:
>
>> also sprach Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> [2004.07.16.0125
>> +0200]:
>>> It doesn't always have to work that way. In fact...
>
>> Sure. It's not in contradiction with having a document to give an
>> early overview of what awaits one up in the seat of the
>> officer/delegate.
>
> 	If you need a document, you probably aren't up to the
>  job. Most of the times, the tasks are trivial to determine, or would
>  benefit from a fresh set of eyes coming up with new and innovative
>  solutions; and it is far preferable to get some hands on
>  investigation first, and ask relevant questions when stuck. I am far
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To which no answer would be forthcomming (as stated over and over) so
people just stay stuck and can never get 'good enough'.

>  more likely to take time out and help someone who has already
>  displayed interest -- creating and updating a static doc and

But the oposit happens. People that asked many questions get kill
filed and are much less likely to get any kind of reaction.

>  changing it every time I change the way I do things when it is
>  unlikely that anyone is gonna be taking advantage of it is not
>  something I have time for.
>
> 	manoj

MfG
        Goswin

PS: thats not directed at you but at the general problem group of the
thread