Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 06:45:59PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
>> If so, which part of "I'm talking about 64/32 bit userland -- which
>> is something other distributions already offer." or "That's not vapor"
>> are you having problems with?
>
> The part about 'other distributions' and the fact that this is a Debian-
> related mailing-list.
>
> If you want to install some other distribution with 32/64 bit userland,
> fine. If you want to have multiarch in Debian be more than vapour, well:
> "Put up or shut up" -- GangStarr.
>
> Glad to clear up the confusion,
>

> Michael

Its actually not vapourware at all. We have the biarch repository
which worked fine.

The thing is that the debian-amd64 doesn't like the way it went and
the amount of unneeded work it requires for each and every package in
debian. Let me repeat that: each and every package.

That is certainly out of the question while sarge is pending and after
that we rather go straight to multiarch.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: biarch needs a lot of changes that are handled by dpkg or other
essential tools without source changes in multiarch. All those would
be wasted if we do biarch first.