Re: Stop the madness (Re: -= PROPOSAL =- Release sarge with amd64)

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:51:51AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>
>> So what technical issues are there? And please reply with your ftp-master
>> hat on. All we hear is "there are issues and ftp-master will post
>> something soon" but you never say what.
>
> Consider the situation from their perspective.  They have work to do in

Consider the situation from our perspective. We have asked quitely and
respectfully and gotten no visible reaction for weeks/month.

> order for amd64 to enter the archive.  From a certain group of developers,
> they face accusations of "stalling"[0], announcements made in apparent

stalling, ignoring, kill filing the mails.

Thats how it looks like from outside.

> attempts to shame them into action[1], a general resolution designed to
> attempt to force them to complete their work, and other disrespectful
> behaviour.  No Debian developer should need to tolerate this.  We are all
> volunteers, and our purpose in associating with each other is to cooperate.

Which goes both ways.

> There is no opposition to the amd64 port, and therefore no enemy in this
> situation.  You are attacking your teammates.
>
> [0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/07/msg00036.html
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2004/07/msg00001.html

Please reread my statement and tell me if it is unreasonable or rude?
Its not asking ftp-master to do more than write a short status report
that has been promised "soon" or "next week" by all other means of
communication for a long time.

The issues at question are known to ftp-master (or so we are let too
believe) so all they have to do is list them and press send.

MfG
        Goswin