Steve Langasek said:

>> For that matter, why were Ingo's buildd status page scripts never
>> integrated?
> Because the rule of thumb is "show that you can do the job and people will
> work with you", and Ingo chose the "show that you can be a flaming moron"
> route instead, shortly after putting up the webpages on buildd.net.

Can you do something else than speculating?

I/We offered Ryan the scripts to get it hosted on buildd.d.o, but *he*
refused to host it there with the argument "all information is already
there".
I've mailed Ryan in a *very* polite way first, but got no reply - twice!!
Then I asked him kindly on IRC where he stated that "it's already there"
argument. That's all.
No flaming, no moroning, nothing more, nothing less. We offered, he put it
down. We set it up on our own then.

(Backgrounder: the pages orginally were hosted on bruno.marenka.net, which
went offline, then on crest.d.o, but it lasted >10 mins to generate the
page for only m68k, so Rick disabled it. After 2-3 weeks of absence and
missing the stats pages, I decided to jump in and offered Rick to host it
on my server. Then I extended with the help of Rick the pages to display
the other archs as well. buildd.net was registered as a domain after Ryan
rejected the offer. Before that, the pages were available at
m68k.bluespice.org - and are still.)

So, please don't tell fairy tales... thx.

--
Ciao...        //
      Ingo   \X/