Re: "Fastest Linux of the world", hardware detection, X11 config

> On Jul 14, Otto Wyss <otto.wyss@orpatec.ch> wrote:
>
> > I just read a news about the fastest Linux of the world
> > ("http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/49086"; in german). I don't want
> > to discuss the "fastest" but the question remains why Debian doesn't
> > have a hardware detection as good as Red Hat or an X11 configuration as
> > good as Suse?
> Recent hotplug packages are supposed to "autodetect" most hardware.

Well the current sarge hotplug package didn't find my 3C905 network
card, probably a very wide used one. I agree the hotplug concept is good
one and probably only needs more work.

O. Wyss

--
How to enhance your code, see "http://freshmeat.net/projects/wxguide/";