Re: gcc-3.4 upload to unstable

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:17, Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> [sent to debian-release earlier this week]
>
> I'm planning the upload of gcc-3.4 packages to unstable this weekend.
> There's one overlapping binary package, which is now built by gcc-3.4,
> instead of gcc-3.3: libgcc1 (for all architectures but hppa and m68k).

Would it be possible to have SSP enabled in GCC 3.4?  It seems that SSP has
been tested as much as it can be without being uploaded to unstable (and
passed all such tests).  Also as GCC 3.4 is likely to be in a test state for
quite some time with most people using 3.3 it would be a good time to
introduce a significant new feature.