On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 09:55:53PM +0200, David Weinehall wrote:
> Actually, I can get an ARM-based iPaq or similar in far more stores than
> I can buy an Opteron or Athlon64.  Of course, I'll have to purge it from

I can support this.  I was in close proximity to computer (retail) stores
recently, so I made a quick survey.  Most of them looked at me blankly,
while one store said "we don't sell any AMD stuff, it's all too flaky".

Meanwhile, most of them iPaqs on display (although they weren't the models
you can run Linux on, AFAIK).

> Windows first, but then again, most systems you buy in a store, except
> for Mac's, suffer from that problem...

But with the Macs, you have to wipe OS X off.  That stuff reeks.  The smell
gets in your hair and everything.

- Matt