On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 04:50:22PM -0800, D. Starner wrote:

[snip]

> Before it's in Debian, AMD64 is already the fourth most commonly
> used architecture according to popularity-contest. There's only
> three architectures sold in stores to the average person--ix86,
> PowerPC and AMD64. 95% of the packages are already compiled for
> AMD64. There is no technical reason not to add it into unstable.

Actually, I can get an ARM-based iPaq or similar in far more stores than
I can buy an Opteron or Athlon64.  Of course, I'll have to purge it from
Windows first, but then again, most systems you buy in a store, except
for Mac's, suffer from that problem...

[snip]

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //