On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 08:28:44PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Chris Cheney (ccheney@cheney.cx) [040714 19:55]:
> > The project is already self destructing due to lack of communication. I
> > this particular case notice Daniel Silverstone admitted that ftpmaster
> > had no intention to comment on the amd64 issue at all.
>
> That is not true. Daniel didn't say that ftpmaster has no intention to
> comment on the amd64 issue, but just that he has no interesst to
> communicate with you (as a person) any more, because you cited
> private, off-hand remarks. Please learn the difference between the two
> statements.

This so-called private off-hand remarks were made much after (over a
month I think) people had been trying to get information from ftpmaster.
The DPL himself told me to ask ftpmaster for clarification on what the
problems were and they never responded, so finally when Daniel messaged
me about the NEW packages issue I asked him about it. There was na
o reason for me to assume the little information he gave me was
confidential. Note to this date ftpmaster still has not commented about
the questions they have that DPL mentioned here:

- Some technical AMD64 questions: ftpmaster had some specific
  questions about the AMD64 port they want to see answered.  Also,
  an LSB person recently expressed some technical concerns (see
  [1]).

Chris