On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 08:16:59PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> could you please try to not interpret things in Daniel's mail he didn't
> say? He didn't tell anything about his intentions to communicate about
> amd64, but just that he doesn't like it if private off-hand remarks
> are cited in public. And, if this communication was really private
> (and I have no doubt about that, as you didn't disagree with this
> statement), I can understand Daniel perfectly well. Please accept that
> most people doesn't like to get private communication cited in
> public, and I definitly would stop to give private remarks to somebody
> who might cite them in public.

The statemtents were made via /msg on irc but he did not state that the
information was sensitive at that time. iirc I had told him there were
people wanting to know what was holding up the addition, I had no reason
to think the information he was telling me was sensitive either with
what little details he gave me. I didn't quote him in the email sent to
the list I just commented on the fact that he told me ftpmaster would be
making an official statement about what would be happening wrt the
archive. At that point several people had already tried contacting
ftpmaster for a month with no response at all. The email was to try to
keep people from pestering ftpmaster too much until the claimed
statement would be made. Of course that ended up not actually working
with no statement from ftpmaster forthcoming and this GR proposal being
made. 8(

Chris