On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 08:26:27PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:

> Ok. Please re-read
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/07/msg00253.html (about a
> week ago) from The Debian Project Leader, and the discussion starting
> with that.

He raised 3 points:

- A general port inclusion policy:

  I have no reason to believe that amd64 would not meet the
  requirements.  Nobody said anything on what they might be or
  where amd64 might not meet them.  I also believe that the
  policy is not really a requirement but just something we want
  for the future.

- The mirror situation:

  I've seen no official statement of the ftpmaster that this is
  the only thing we're waiting for.  Nor have I seen a timeframe
  in which they want to implement it.  All I've heard is that
  it's ready.

- Some technical AMD64 questions:

  It says the ftpmaster had some technical questions.  I did not
  see any questions from them.

  Then there was the discussion about compliances with the LSB.
  We've argued about this many times before and see no reason why
  the current implementation should be a problem.

Kurt