* Steve McIntyre (steve@einval.com) wrote:
> Chris Cheney writes:
> >I'm glad you have made it abundantly clear that ftpmaster had no
> >intention to communicate about the amd64 issue at all. Some people had
> >been using our conversation that I mentioned as proof that ftpmaster can
> >sometimes be reasonable.
>
> <sigh> Chris, you had some support for your point of view. But by
> acting like an prick in public this way you're rapidly losing it.
> Picking on Daniel, the ftpmaster who has actually been devoting his
> time to making the changes needed for amd64, is not an intelligent
> thing to do.

This is another bit of very interesting information that I don't believe
was available before- Daniel is devoting time to making changes needed
for amd64?  Such an acknowledgment of active work in this area and
perhaps a one-liner of what he's doing from the ftpmasters would have
been something that people could point to when others asked what was
going on with getting amd64 into the archive.

	Stephen