On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:09:21 +0200, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo
<fenio@o2.pl> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 08:17:14PM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > Am I the only one who's smelling an incoming project fork?  I'd like
> > it if it didn't come to that.
>
> Don't even say things like that.

I said it to warn certain people that what they are doing is leading
us in that direction.   To be absolutely clear, those "certain people"
do not include anybody in delegate positions, as far as I know.

> Not forking is one of the greatest thing in Debian, and gives it
> strenght to exist and grow up.

Agreed.  However, when there are several groups with different
agendas, the danger must be understood, so that we may work together
to avoid it.

> Please don't be childish. If there is something which you think is not
> working properly then try to change that in civilized manner and not by
> personal flamewars.

I have no problems with how Debian operates currently, for the most
part.  I do think, however, that the GR we are discussing is harmful.
Can't we just get on with making a kick-ass release?

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Debian developer

http://kaijanaho.info/antti-juhani/blog/en/debian