On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 02:44:02AM -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 09:41:04PM +0100, James Troup wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > If anyone thinks this GR will actually achieve anything positive,
> > they're mistaken.
>
> A GR to make the various delegated developers communicate would be better
> but that probably wouldn't work either...

Correct, a resolution that says "Foo must perform action A, instead of
not performing action A" is explicitly a no-op under the constitution,
and is also obviously silly.

Frankly, GRs are almost useless. The only particularly good reason for
using them is when the constitution says that we have no other choice
(like editing the blasted foundation documents).

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |